MBDD NEWS, March 2012
3/1/2012 12:00 AM
- County executive Baker launches Prince George's CountyStat, Signaling " A New Era of Openness and Accountability": Prince George's County Executive Rushern L.Baker, III recently launched Prince George's CountyStat, his program to deliver results through analysis, accountability, and innovation.
- Livable wage rate for service contracts increases to $13.30: The Wage Determination Board recently announced that the new minimum wage rate for fiscal year 2013 for county service contracts will be $13.30 per hour effective July 1,2012.
- County Council Chair Andrea Harrison and Council Member Mel Franklin host "Jobs First Act" Town Hall Meeting: the Council members discussed and highlighted the new law, aimed at expanding the county's tax base, supporting small and local businesses and increasing employment opportunities for residents of prince George's County.
- Special Briefing On Tanger Outlets At The National Harbor For Local And Small Businesses: A Briefing will be held based on the Tanger outlet at the National harbor on Tuesday, April 24, 2012, at the Oxon Hill Library, 6200 Oxon Hill Road, Maryland from 6 to 8 PM.
- CMBD Set To Host 2012 Procurement Conference: The one-day conference will provide attendees opportunities to collaborate with decision makers; learn about opportunities, and share best practices.
- County Council Member Karen Toles Hosts District 7 Project Labor Agreement Briefing And Business Mixer: Council Member Karen Toles, District 7, will hold a Briefing on Council Bill 16 2011, Project Labor Agreement and Business Mixer on Wednesday, May 2, 2012, from 2 to 5 PM at the Training Source located at 59 Yost Place, Seat Pleasant, Maryland.
- County Council Member Derrick Davis Hosts Over 100 Business Owners At MBDD Outreach Event In District 6: District 6 Council Member Derrick Davis recently addressed over 100 small and local business owners at the “Joint Ventures And Teaming Arrangements” workshop presented by MBDD.
- New Special Secretary Appointed For The Governor’s Office Of Minority Affairs (GOMA): Governor Martin O’Malley recently announced the appointment of Zenita Wickham Hurley as Special Secretary of the Governor’s Office of Minority Affairs (GOMA).
More Information can be found at MBDD News March 2012 Volume 2