MBDD NEWS, February 2012
1/2/2012 12:00 AM
- County Executive Sets Stage for Implementing EDI Fund, Creating Local Business Opportunities: The Economic Development Incentive Fund (EDI) grew out of a need to expand our commercial tax base. So we created a $50 million incentive fund that will be used to attract and retain businesses and create more job opportunities for residents.
- Economic Development Corporation Launches EDI Fund Website: The Prince George’s County Economic Development Corporation (EDC) recently created and launched the EDI Fund website that provides basic information including an overview of the Fund.
- Prince George's County Council passes historic CB-17-2011, Jobs First Act of 2011: The Council enacts legislation aimed at expanding the county’s tax base, supporting small and local businesses and increasing employment opportunities for residents of Prince George’s County.
- Highlights of CB-17-2011, Jobs First Act Of 2011: CB-17-2011 includes several provisions aimed at addressing community development, spurring economic growth and seeking to spend more local funds with Prince George’s County businesses.
- Upcoming MBDD Outreach Event, The Legal Side: Small and Minority Business Contracting in Prince George's County - Part II of “Doing Business with Prince George’s County” is a FREE seminar that will provide contractors with an overview of the legal aspects of Prince George’s County Government contracting.
- County Council Member Obie Patterson hosts Community Coffee event in District 8: Council Member Obie Patterson will be connecting with residents of District 8 at a Community Coffee on Friday, February 17, 2012, at the Historic Freedom Manor located at 10905 Livingston Road, Fort Washington, Maryland.
- County Council Member, Will Campos addresses over 50 business owners at MBDD Outreach event in District 2: District 2 Council Member Will Campos recently spoke to over 50 small and local business owners at the MBDD “Building Effective Teams and Collaboration in Your Business” workshop.
More information can be found at MBDD News February 2012 Volume 2