Property owners may look up their fees using the online Clean Water Act Fee Lookup Tool. This tool allows you to search for your property and obtain a detailed record of information on your fees, for example:
- The breakdown of the fee components (the administrative fee, impervious area impact fee, and total fee),
- The amount of impervious surface area charged to the property (in Equivalent Service Units, 1 ESU = 2,465 square feet),
- The Tier designation (e.g. Tier one, two, or three for residential; "Direct Measure" of impervious area for other types of uses),
- The property's assigned zoning classification (e.g. R-R for rural residential), and
- The state's Assessor Zone Code or AZC*, which indicates (in most cases) how the property is being used, e.g. industrial, farm, commercial.
The Assessor Zone Codes are used as the basis for the Clean Water Act Fees when the zoning does not relate to the direct use of the property. For example, a property zoned R-80 (tier 2 residential) may actually be used as a commercial lot. This property would have an AZC of 005 which indicates that the use of the property is commercial. For Clean Water Act Fee purposes, the property would then be directly measured for impervious area rather than falling under the residential tier 2 category.
For help with the online lookup tool, please contact the Stormwater Management Division at (301) 883-5833.