Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I get to the State's Attorney's Office?
A: Click here for directions.

Q: Where do I park?
A: Click here for parking information.

Q: What information do I need when calling or visiting the State's Attorney's Office?
A: The case number is most important. The Assistant State's Attorney's name, Victim/Witness Coordinator's name and defendant's name can also be helpful in directing your call.

Q: How do I know which Division is handling my case?
A: One easy way to tell is to look at the case number. Cases beginning with the letters "CT" are handled by the Circuit Court Division. "CA" and "CJ" cases are handled by the District Court Division. "JA" cases are handled by the Juvenile Division. If you do not know the case number, contact our main receptionist at (301) 952-3500 for assistance. Please view the Contact Us section (above) to reach the Victim/Witness Coordinator assigned to the Unit handling your case

Q: When is my court date?
A: If known, contact your Victim/Witness Coordinator from our Contact Us section (above). Otherwise, contact the receptionist for the State's Attorney's Office Division handling your case for assistance. Circuit Court Division: (301) 952-3500. District Court Division: (301) 952-3555. Juvenile Court Division: (301) 952-3516.

Q: How can I get a speaker from the State's Attorney's Office?
A: Send request to:

State's Attorney for Prince George's County
Administrative Division
Room M3403, Court House
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772

Q: How do I apply for a job at the State's Attorney's Office?
A: For attorney, law clerk or intern positions please send a resume and cover letter to:

Lorraine Harris
Administrative Division
Room M 3403, Courthouse
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772

Q: How can I get authorization for a disinterment?
A: In Maryland, the State's Attorney of the County in which a body is interred must give authorization for a disinterment. Disinterment requests are made for various reasons, some of which include: the family has moved to another state or location; new family lots have been purchased; the family wants to move to a location where headstones are allowed or the family wants to lower to double depth so that two persons may be buried in the same site.

This form may be obtained by calling 301-952-3500 to have one mailed to you. When filling out the form, be sure to include all information regarding both the current and proposed places of internment, including lot, site, section, crypt, etc., numbers, name and address of the cemetery. If the lot owner of the site where the deceased is currently interred is different than the person signing the form, please include a short explanation of the lot owner's relationship to the deceased, and whether that person concurs with the request for disinterment.

Q: Do I have to come to court?
A: If you have received a witness summons or subpoena, notifying you of the scheduled court date, the law requires you to appear on that date, unless you have been excused by a representative of the State's Attorney's Office.

Q: How can I drop charges?
A: You cannot drop charges. Only the State's Attorney can determine what action will be taken in a criminal case.

County Click 311

Allows Users To:

  • Browse Through Questions And Answers In Various Categories
  • Enter Requests For Service
  • Track Status of Service Requests
Subscribe MYPGC