The Prince George’s County State’s Attorney needs your help. If you are passionate about preventing juvenile delinquency we have an exciting opportunity for you. The State’s Attorney’s Office is interviewing candidates for a Coordinator position for its Teen Court Program initiative.
The Teen Court Program is an alternative justice system that offers teenage offenders an important opportunity to learn from their mistakes without acquiring a criminal record. Teens, between the ages of 10 and 17, who have committed a non-violent misdemeanor and admitted their guilt, appear for “sentencing” before a jury of their peers.
This is a one-year grant funded position (July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016). Continuation beyond this term is contingent on future funding.
• Prepare Teen Court docket
• Prepare case folders for defense attorneys/prosecuting attorneys
• Prepare Judges court packet
• Prepare case synopsis for Judges
• Contact & recruit adult attorney volunteers
• Assist with speaking assignments to community organizations and schools
• Contact and schedule judges to preside in Teen Court
• Prepare and mail notices to offenders regarding their sanction fulfillment status
• Attend each Teen Court session as a coordinator/facilitator
• Recruit student and adult volunteers
• Track each program participant’s status regarding completion of sanctions
• Identify and foster appropriate partnerships (i.e police, sheriff, schools, corporations, non-profits)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION FOR CANDIDATES:
Bachelor’s Degree in criminal justice or social work; three years’ experience in criminal justice, delinquency management or social services; two years of supervisory experience required and prior juvenile justice, juvenile diversion or juvenile probation experience preferred.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Must pass a background investigation
2. Must pass a drug screen
ELIGIBILITY TO WORK:
Under the Immigration reform and Control Act of 1986, an employer is required to hire only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. Selected candidate for employment will be required to show and verify authorization to work in the United States.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit resume and cover letter discussing experience and qualification for the position to: Human Resource Director, Prince George’s County Office of the State’s Attorney, SAOHumanresources@co.pg.md.us.