Welcome to the Public Relations and Community Outreach page for the Prince George’s County Department of Social Services. This division serves the Public Relations effort for the entire Department, providing internal and external promotional and community outreach activities and support.
The responsibilities of the division include:
- Managing and addressing media inquiries
- Coordinating public relations and community outreach initiatives
- Promoting the Department of Social Services programs
- Coordinating activities for our internal and external customers
- Managing the customer service unit
- Developing partnerships and coordinating sponsors for the Department’s special events
- Attending community, local and government events, neighborhood activities and fairs, to promote the Department’s services and programs.
Lavette Sims serves as the Community Education and Outreach Manager. You may contact Lavette Sims at 301-909-7000 or email Public Relations for more information about our Agency.
If you have an upcoming event or community affair and would like to have a representative from. The Department of Social Services attend, please submit our Event Request form.
To visit us in the community or learn where we will be next, please see our Calendar of Events. You may also view photos from past events by clicking Community Photos.
If you have a Customer Service concern, question or to get more information, please contact us via Customer Service.
Serving You Closer to Home - Health & Human Services Remote Outreach and Access (PDF)
Interpretation Services are available for Non-English Speaking customers. Please contact one of the Local Offices for assistance.