The Prince George's County Department of Social Services provide programs that help families who have had an unforeseen emergency. Other programs offer support that assist families to become more stable and self-sufficient. The Department of Social Services wants to assist in the independence and stability of Prince George’s County families. We can provide information and/or assist you with the following:
- Housing & Homeless Services: Provides County residents facing eviction or homelessness with assistance, information and referrals.
- Emergency Shelter Services: Provides County residents with shelter options. Please call the Central Point of Intake, the homeless hot line at 1-888-731-0999.
- Energy Programs: Provides County residents with a grant to assist with their utility bills and information on how to decrease energy costs. Visit Energy Saving Tips to get information on conserving energy costs.
- Food Programs: Provides County residents with numbers to the closest food pantry or other food programs.
- Volunteer Services: Provides opportunities for citizens and residents to contribute their time, expertise and good will to people less fortunate than themselves.
For more information about the Prince George's County Department of Social Services Community Service programs please call 301-909-6330.
Interpretation Services are available for Non-English Speaking customers. Please contact one of the local offices for assistance.