Family Preservation is an intensive home-based service designed to meet the specific needs of individual families whose children are at imminent risk of an out-of-home placement. A team approach is utilized, consisting of a social worker and case associate.
Family Preservation is based upon a philosophy that emphasizes respect for the family strengths and family diversity. Regardless of the family’s dysfunction, culture, etc., a concerted effort is made to build upon the strengths of the family.
To assist the residents and citizens of Prince George’s County we target:
- Families whose children are at an imminent risk of an out-of-home placement due to:
- Crisis related to chronic physical or mental illness of a family member;
- Environmental crisis;
- High risk of child maltreatment;
- Reunification with their children after a foster care placement and needing intensive aftercare services;
- Families under court order as a result of neglect or abuse
You may contact the Prince George's County Department of Social Service's Abuse/Neglect and Services Intake number at 301-909-2450 for a referral to Family Preservation.
Interpretation Services are available for Non-English Speaking customers. Please contact one of the Local Offices for assistance.