Applications for the Melvin C. High Scholarship are available now and must be received by May 10, 2013. The Melvin C. High Scholarship was founded in the Office of the Sheriff by Sheriff Melvin C. High in 2011, with the first seniors receiving awards from the 2011 graduating class. Three $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to graduating Prince George’s County High School seniors.
“Our goal is to recognize the well-rounded student, not just the academic achiever.”
- Sheriff Melvin C. High
Melvin C. High Scholarship Winners All Attending University of Maryland
Scholarship Application Requirements
For an application to be considered, you must:
- Be accepted for admission to an accredited college or university.
- Be a resident, living in Prince George’s County, Maryland.
- Be a high school graduating senior.
- Have your high school guidance counselor document your high school grades on the application.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a member of your high school’s faculty.
- Complete and sign the application.
- Write a one-page essay.
- Return application and letter of recommendation to your high school senior counselor by May 10, 2013.
- This application applies to HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS only.
- Three $1,000 scholarships will be awarded for four-year college/universities and / or two-year colleges.
- All applications MUST include the students G.P.A., documented by the guidance counselor and a Letter of Recommendation from a member of the high school faculty.
- Return completed application to your high school counselor or mail to the following address:
Prince George’s County
Office of the Sheriff
5303 Chrysler Way
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772