Down Payment on Your Dream Program
Now is an exciting time to buy a home in Prince George's County. Today, first time home buyers can take advantage of the county's Down Payment on Your Dream Program, in which buyers can receive down payment and closing costs assistance when purchasing a vacant foreclosed property in Prince George's County. This website outlines specific guidelines for the homebuyer, realtors and lenders as well as the necessary steps families must take in order to qualify.
I know that the economic times we are in are tough. However, history has taught us that tough times don't last forever. As a result of our county's progress over the last seven years, we are well positioned to address the challenges we face. That's why the Prince George's County Government is administering this program.
Prince George's County has always been a great place to experience the American dream of homeownership. We are committed to helping Prince George's families realize this dream.
Rushern L. Baker, III
Prince George's County Executive
What's The Program About
- Down payment and Closing Costs Assistance to purchase a vacant foreclosed home.
- First time home buyers only or cannot have owned a home anywhere during the previous three years.
Who Can Participate?
- Anyone with household income at or below 120% of the area median purchasing a vacant and foreclosed property in an eligible zip code.
- Any realtor that is licensed by the state to do business in Maryland.
- Approved participating lenders.
- Read the "Am I Eligible?" page for more information.
Related Pages and Documents