LARGO, MD –Prince George’s County crews are once again preparing for the forecast of freezing rain early tomorrow morning during rush hour. County crews will be deployed early Friday morning to monitor road conditions and treat the roadways with salt as necessary.
Forecasters are predicting the possibility of freezing rain on Friday between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. and changing to rain later in the morning. The freezing rain may cause icy road conditions.
Motorists are asked to follow the safety tips listed below when driving on icy roads:
· Drive slowly and stay alert;
· Be cautious of shiny spots on the roadway that could be icy patches, known as “black ice;”
· Keep a safe distance between you and the car in front of you;
· If you have standard brakes, pump them gently to come to a stop. If you have anti-lock brakes, apply steady pressure; and
· If you should skid, turn the steering wheel in the direction of the skid.
To report road conditions, call CountyClick at 311 or the Department of Public Works and Transportation’s 24-Hour Emergency Line at 301-324-2710.
# # #