The Prince George’s County Human Relations Commission is committed to the development of Prince George’s County as a great place to live, work and play; where all are free to pursue their talents and dreams unhindered by bias, misunderstanding and conflict based on race, religion, color, gender, national origin, age, occupation, marital status, political opinion, personal appearance, sexual orientation, disability, or familial status.
- It shall be the mission of the Human Relations Commission, as the county’s civil rights education and enforcement agency, to provide residents, businesses and visitors an efficient and cost effective administrative alternative for investigating, mediating and adjudicating complaints of unlawful discrimination; particularly in the areas of housing, employment, law enforcement, education, public accommodations and real estate transactions.
- We will be professional, competent and fair to all those we serve.
- We value our Commission staff for their skill, dedication and creativity and the Commission will provide a positive work environment based on mutual respect and dignity, where personal and professional development is encouraged.
- We will seek to always improve our Systems and processes in the interest of producing more thorough investigations and resolving cases in a timely manner.
- We will work to ensure that our services are equally accessible to those of various abilities and of limited English proficiency.