It is important for all pregnant women to see a doctor early and often during pregnancy. The Health Department can make it easy for mothers-to-be to get the medical care necessary to have a healthy baby. We offer expectant mothers the following services:
- medical care during pregnancy and after the baby is born
- arrangements for hospital delivery
- family planning education
- referral to the Healthy Start Program
- assistance in enrolling women eligible for HealthChoice, a program that provides free health insurance to pregnant women and children with moderate to low incomes referrals to WIC and other health services
- language interpretation for clients who speak Spanish and other languages
Services are offered to all women in Prince George's County, based on a sliding fee scale according to their ability to pay. Women under the age of 18 do not need parental consent for pregnancy (prenatal) care.
For more information or to make an appointment, call: 1-888-561-4049 • TTY/STS Dial 711 for MD Relay.