Temporary or Seasonal Food Services

What You Should Know

​​​If you are planning to sell food at a public event in Prince George’s County, you may need a Temporary Food Service Facility Permit. These permits are issued to prospective food and drink vendors that operate in conjunction with a fair, festival, carnival, community day, concession stand, or other special events.

NEW! Temporary Food Vendors may now apply for permits online!  The online application and fee must be received by the Department at least five business days prior to the event.  To apply online follow this link: http://dpiepermitsonline.princegeorgescountymd.gov/#/home. You will be directed to login if you have an account or sign up if you do not have an account.  The permits system will connect with a payment system to allow completion of the application online.  If the applicant does not complete the process to pay online the application will remain incomplete.

If you choose not to apply online, the Temporary Food Service Facility Permit Application can be completed and mailed, along with the fee, to the Prince George’s County Department of Permitting, Inspections and Enforcement, Licensing Office, 9400 Peppercorn Place, Largo, MD 20774 no later than five business days prior to the event. Those who choose to mail the application should send the completed form and fee at least two (2) weeks prior to the event start date.

Additional permits may be required by other County departments. Contact the Department​ of Permitting, Inspections and Enforcement at 301-883-5776 for more detailed information.​

​​Useful Links

Prince George's County Health Department
Food Protection Program
Largo Government Center
9201 Basil Court, Suite 318
Largo, Maryland 20774

Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday, except County Holidays

​Phone: 301-883-7690
Fax: 301-883-7266
TTY/STS Dial 711 for Maryland Relay
Email: FoodProtectionProgram@co.pg.md.us​