Environmental Engineering Program
Tel: (301) 883-7681
TTY/STS Dial 711 for Maryland Relay
- Inspect: landfills and rubblefills; all trash trucks and recycling trucks licensed to operate within the County.
- Review applications for proposed sewage sludge utilization sites.
- Inspect existing and proposed sewage sludge utilization sites.
- Assist licensing authorities in the enforcement of State and County solid waste regulations.
- Monitor the cleanup of hazardous waste sites.
- Provide information to those inquiring about the proper disposal of
hazardous substances stored in the home and locations of waste oil
Environmental Engineering investigates
overflowing sewer complaints in streams. Most of these are the result of
some sort of blockage. Most of the time that blockage is a result of
grease, which usually comes from a food service facility that is not
maintaining their grease abatement system. Learn more on reducing Fats, Oils, and Grease in sewer system.