Downloadable Rodent Fact Sheets
Facts about Controlling Rats and Mice (EH/EEP-501) (PDF)
Trapping Rats and Mice (EH/EEP-502) (PDF)
Rat Problem Checklist (EH/EEP-503) (PDF)
Controlling House Mice (EH/EEP-504) (PDF)
How to Poison Rats on Your Property (EH/EEP-506) (PDF)
Downloadable Emergency Water Supply Fact Sheets
Prince George's County Health Department
Environmental Engineering Program
Largo Government Center
9201 Basil Court, Suite 318
Largo, Maryland 20774
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday, except County Holidays
TTY/STS Dial 711 for Maryland Relay
Prince George's County Health Department provides several services to residents as part of the Environmental Engineering Program, including:
- Responding to requests for information about Environmental Site Assessments under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Reviewing applications and issue Monitoring Well Permits.
- Providing information to the public about insects and other disease vectors.
- Providing printed information and advice over the telephone to residents about methods of rodent control and extermination.
Prince George's County Health Department responds to inquiries concerning:
- the Clean Indoor Air Act (CIAA) of 2007, which prohibits smoking in indoor places, including restaurants and bars, and most other businesses with indoor areas open to the public in Maryland;
- any nuisance or health hazard associated with sewage disposal problems;
- overflow of public sewers in conjunction with WSSC (Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission);
- well water quality/systems not in compliance with sanitary standards;
- smoke, odors, open burning, dust and other pollutants;
- improper disposal of household wastes, industrial wastes, hazardous wastes and special medical wastes;
- possible pollution of County streams and waterways; and,
- oil spills or improper oil disposal.
Also, we perform environmental sampling:
- For the approval of all new water supplies; and,
- Of individual water supplies where public health is at risk.