TTY/STS Dial 711 for Maryland Relay
Downloadable Emergency Water Supply
Facts About Emergency Water Supply (English) (EH-EEP-700) (PDF)
Facts About Emergency Water Supply (Spanish) (EH-EEP-700S) (PDF)
Respond to request for information about Environmental Site Assessments under the Freedom of Information Act.
Review applications and issue Monitoring Well Permits.
Provide information to the public about insects and other disease vectors.
Provide printed information and advice over the telephone to residents about methods of rodent control and extermination.
Downloadable Rodent Fact Sheets
Facts about Controlling Rats and Mice (EH/EEP-501) (PDF)
Trapping Rats and Mice (EH/EEP-502) (PDF)
Rat Problem Checklist (EH/EEP-503) (PDF)
Controlling House Mice (EH/EEP-504) (PDF)
How to Poison Rats on Your Property (EH/EEP-506) (PDF)
Respond to inquiries concerning:
- the Clean Indoor Air Act (CIAA) of 2007, which prohibits smoking in indoor places, including restaurants and bars, and most other businesses with indoor areas open to the public in Maryland.
- any nuisance or health hazard associated with sewage disposal problems.
- overflow of public sewers in conjunction with WSSC (Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission).
- well water quality/systems not in compliance with sanitary standards.
- smoke, odors, open burning, dust and other pollutants.
- improper disposal of household wastes, industrial wastes, hazardous wastes and special medical wastes.
- possible pollution of County streams and waterways.
- oil spills or improper oil disposal.
- For the approval of all new water supplies.
- Of individual water supplies where public health is at risk.