In Prince George's County
- All children between six months and six years of age should have a blood test for lead.
- Remind your doctor to test your child if it is not part of their regular care.
- It is especially important for children who live or spend time in older homes with peeling paint.
Prince George's County Health Department
Lead and Healthy Homes Program
Largo Government Center
9201 Basil Court, Suite 318
Largo, Maryland 20774
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday, except County Holidays
TTY/STS Dial 711 for Maryland Relay
Prince George's County Health Department provides several services to residents as part of the Lead and Healthy Homes Program, including:
Nursing case management for children with high lead levels in their blood. We also provide testing for uninsured children. Call 301-883-7538.
Environmental assessments of residences for the presence of lead, in response to confirmed medical reports of elevated blood levels in children and adults. Call 301-883-7662.
- Educational programs concerning potential lead exposure and safe lead paint abatement techniques.
- Telephone consultations on asthma triggers, mold and other indoor air contaminants.
Lead in Drinking Water
Also, we provide telephone consultations regarding lead in drinking water. Call 301-883-7651.