- Food Facility Permits
- Food Service Manager (FSM) Certification
- Public Swimming Pools and Spas Permits
- Facility Planning Guides for Prince George's County
- More Environmental Health Applications & Forms
- Resource Links
Food Service Facility Permits
- Issuance of a Health Department food service facility permit is based on the type of food served or sold in that facility and how the food is handled before, during, and after the day it is served.
- Foods of concern are called potentially hazardous(including meats, fish, eggs, dairy, cooked rice and pasta, cut melon and bean sprouts). These foods are likely to grow the type of bacteria that cause illnesses if not handled properly or cooked to the right temperatures and kept hot or cold.
How to Apply
- If you are interested in applying for a Food Service Facility permit, click on the application link under the correct category, print the application and mail it, following the instructions at the top of the form. Applications must contain an original signature — faxed applications will not be accepted.
Categories of Food Service Facilities
High Priority Food Service Facility
Moderate Priority Food Service Facility
Low Priority Food Service Facility
Mobile Food Service Facility
Farmer's Market Vendor
Detailed Information of each category is provided.
Food Service Manager (FSM) Certification
Any operator of a restaurant or Class III mobile unit must have a Prince George’s County Certified Food Service Manager on duty at all times.
Individuals getting their certificate for the first time are required to:
- Take and pass an examination that has been approved by the Conference for Food Protection.
Individuals getting their certificate renewed are required to:
- Complete a 8-hour course from one of the approved instructors, and bring a letter from the instructor stating that they have completed the class.
For more information regarding Non-Profit Food Manager Training, contact the Food Protection Program at 301-883-7650.
Detailed Information of the Application process is provided.
Public Swimming Pools and Spas Permits
Environmental Engineering Program
Largo Government Center
9201 Basil Court, Suite 318
Largo, Maryland 20774
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday, except County Holidays
TTY/STS Dial 711 for Maryland Relay
Facility Planning Guides for Prince George's County
Review plans for the construction, modification, remodeling and additions to all facilities that are licensed by the Prince George's County Health Department, Division of Environmental Health:
More Environmental Health Applications & Forms