The Tuberculosis (TB) Control Program is responsible for the management of TB care in Prince George’s County.
All Prince George’s County residents are eligible if they:
- have been diagnosed with suspected or confirmed TB disease,
- have been in contact with a person with suspected or confirmed TB disease,
- have a positive TB test and need a chest x-ray or other related TB services, or
- are at high risk of developing TB infection or TB disease.
Fees: There is no charge for any TB-related service at this time
Staff members include: physicians, registered nurses, health aides, a radiology technician and office and support staff.
TB Program staff meet regularly with patients with TB disease to watch them take their medications. This is called: Directly Observed Therapy (DOT). DOT is the standard treatment for all patients in Maryland with TB disease.
- Tuberculin skin tests and blood tests (Not for routine school or employment requirements)
- Chest X-rays
- Physician evaluation
- TB treatment medication
- Nurse home visits
- Contact investigations
- Directly observed therapy (DOT)
- Laboratory tests
- Education and outreach activities
- Reporting and monitoring activities
Hours: The TB clinic is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday excluding holidays; with evening hours on Tuesdays, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. All TB Control Program services are provided by appointment only. An appointment can be made by calling (301) 583-3110 (TTY/STS Dial 711 for Maryland Relay).
Prince George's County Health Department
Tuberculosis Control Program
Cheverly Health Center
3003 Hospital Drive, Suite 3054 (3rd Floor)
Cheverly, MD 20785
Phone: 301-583-3110 (TTY/STS Dial 711 for Maryland Relay)
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Mondays through Fridays