What if you test positive?
No one has to face this situation alone. The Prince George’s County Health Department offers free HIV counseling that will:
- Offer information on how to avoid infecting others.
- Refer you to treatment services.
- Help you tell sex partners and anyone you’ve shared a needle with that you are positive for HIV. It is very important that they get help also.
You owe it to yourself and those you love to get help.
When and Where are Treatment Services Available?
HIV/AIDS treatment and services are currently available Monday
through Friday (excluding holidays) both days and evenings by
appointment at the Cheverly Health Center and D. Leonard Dyer Regional
Health Center noted here. Services include:
A health assessment, includes:
- a physical exam
- lab tests
- personal medical treatment plan addressing education, medication,
nutritional needs, specialized care and referrals to other services
- specialized services for women, including pap smears, cervical cancer screening, mammograms and disease prevention education
- screening treatment for STDs (sexually transmitted diseases)
A case management, includes:
- health education
- emergency financial assistance
- transportation assistance
- HIV medication assistance
- Referrals for housing assistance and other social services
For more detailed information about HIV/AIDS testing, counseling and treatment, visit the following websites: