- Increase the proportion of adults who are at a healthy weight.
- Reduce the proportion of children and adolescents who are considered obese.
Increasing Access to Healthier Foods
- Develop and disseminate culturally and linguistically appropriate informational materials to educate the public about healthy nutrition and its impact on the body, health food selection and preparation.
Promoting Physical and Recreational Activity
- Explore innovative ways to increase opportunities for physical and recreational activity in communities, schools, workplaces.
Increasing Public Awareness
- Develop and disseminate culturally and linguistically appropriate materials and messages about chronic disease prevention targeting the County's diverse populations, minorities and non-English speaking individuals.
The Chronic Disease Work Group meets once a month, every fourth Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. via conference call.
Prince George's Healthcare Action Coalition (PGHAC) meets quarterly at
1400 McCormick Drive,
Largo, Maryland 20774.
For a list of scheduled PGHAC meetings.
|June 12, 2012
||February 12, 2013
||January 14, 2014|
|September 11, 2012
||April 9, 2013
||April 8, 2014|
|October 9, 2012
||June 11, 2013
||June 10, 2014|
|November 13, 2012
||September 10, 2013
||September 9, 2014|
|December 6, 2012
||October 8, 2013
||October 14, 2014|
||December 8, 2014|