Prince George's County Health Department provides several services to residents as part of the Environmental Engineering Program, including:
- Responding to certain complaints regarding indoor smoking in Prince George’s County establishments as enforcement of the Clean Indoor Air Act (CIAA) of 2007
- The CIAA prohibits smoking in indoor places, including restaurants and bars, and most other businesses with indoor areas open to the public in Maryland.
- Evaluating Burn Requests and issue Open Fire Permits. Open burn sites must meet specific criteria in order for applications to be approved;
- Investigating complaints pertaining to sources of air pollution, including smoke, fumes, dust, odors and industrial emissions;
- Reviewing Building Permit applications and Use and Occupancy Permit applications and Environmental Impact Statements to determine the existence of significant sources of air pollution;
- Advising applicants on obtaining Maryland Department of the Environment construction and operating permits for air pollution sources; and,
- Participating in regional air quality planning activities.
Prince George's County Health Department
Environmental Engineering Program
Largo Government Center
9201 Basil Court, Suite 318
Largo, Maryland 20774
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday, except County Holidays
TTY/STS Dial 711 for Maryland Relay