- The Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department responded to 130,149 calls for service in 2010. That equates to almost 356 calls per day for all hazards and emergency medical service calls.
- The Fire/EMS Department responded to 102,996 calls for basic life and advanced life support care in 2010.
- It is estimated that approximately 70 percent or more of jurisdictions across the country charge for EMS transport services.
- The Fire/EMS Department provides EMS through 42 basic life support ambulances, 12 advanced life support/paramedic units, 5 paramedic engine companies, 8 paramedic ambulances, as well as a cadre of advanced life support/paramedic supervisors.
- The Fire/EMS Department has nearly 2000 members that have training in providing some level of emergency medical care.
- The Fire/EMS Department has been billing for Paramedic Transports for over 20 years.
- Nine Volunteer Fire/EMS Departments within the County have already been billing for EMS transport services.
- The District of Columbia, Arlington County, the City of Alexandria, and Anne Arundel County currently charge for EMS transport services.
Download the EMS Fast Facts (PDF)