James V. Reilly
Fire Chief/Assistant Fire Chief
Fire Prevention and Life Safety
6820 Webster Street
Landover Hills, Maryland 20784
Phone: (301) 583-1830
Fax: (301) 583-1945
The Fire Prevention and Life Safety office comprises three sections, Code Enforcement, Project Coordination, and Special Hazards.
Code Enforcement – inspects public and private schools, day care centers, group homes, congregate living facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, alternate living facilities, housing for the mentally-challenged and coordinates public safety efforts with other County agencies, as necessary.
Project Coordination – a principal level office/field engineering position with primary responsibility for:
· Oversees construction and renovation projects for the Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department.
· Drawing and reviewing architectural and engineering plans for the numerous building projects that the Fire/EMS Department undertakes.
· Site coordination and liaison activities between the Fire/EMS Department, other County agencies, contractors, and career and volunteer personnel throughout the County.
· Monitors progress on all construction projects and evaluates the work proposed and performed to ensure compliance with County ordinances and procedures, County building code, and job specifications.
· Assists the Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) to evaluate Master Plan updates.