As important as our response capabilities are to the protection of the eight hundred thousand plus residents of Prince George’s County, nothing can be more important to the well-being of our community than the prevention of fires, accidents and illnesses before they occur. We do this by focusing our attention on educating our communities on the following topics;
- How to make their homes safer from the dangers of fire,
- The importance of home protection devices, such as smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and residential sprinklers
- Proper planning for natural and manmade disasters, including emergency supplies, how to shelter in place, and when and how to evacuate when told to do so
- How to avoid needless injuries
- How to monitor and make lifestyle changes to prevent or manage long-term illnesses such as heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes.