Cranford/Graves Fire Services Building
6820 Webster Street
Landover, Maryland 20784
Phone: (301) 583-1973
Fax: (301) 583-1985
Fire/Rescue Operations consists of 44 Fire/EMS stations located within seven battalions each commanded by a Battalion Chief. Each battalion is made up of approximately five fire stations.
The combination career/volunteer system used in the Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department has a corresponding, but slightly different rank structure on the volunteer side. The two highest ranks on the volunteer side are Volunteer Major and Volunteer Division Chief. The County Fire Chief appoints each of the ranks. All other positions in the volunteer rank are normally selected by a popular vote on an annual basis by the membership of each corporation.
- Response to all emergencies and safely mitigates the emergency to protect life and property
- The development and implementation of standard operating procedures
- Standard operating procedures must also be developed and maintained for unusual fire and rescue situations
- Implementation of new and maintenance of existing personnel performance standards
- Meet with career and volunteer supervisors to determine optimum levels of performance
- Ensure career and volunteer personnel meet or exceed performance standards
- Review the annual merit ratings of Captains, Lieutenants, Technicians, Fire Fighters and Emergency Response Technicians
- Develop and supervise community related programs