The Accounting Division is divided into work groups whose primary functions are as follows:
- Administration: Manage financial accounting and reporting operations.
- Disbursements: Make vendor payments and collect amounts due to County.
- Payroll: Process biweekly payroll for 6,000 employees and monthly payroll for 2,000 retirees.
- Reporting: Prepare financial reports and maintain accounts and records of financial activity.
- Systems: Control automated financial management systems and subsystems.