The Office of the County Executive offers different forms of recognition and congratulatory documents, such as:
- Greeting Letters
- Recognition Letters
We are happy to fulfill these requests for our citizens and residents. When submitting your request, please include your name, contact information, background information, and the due date. We also encourage you to provide draft language related to your request to help reduce our processing time. Please review the requirements for submitting a request. If you have any additional questions, please contact the office of the County Executive at (301) 952-4131.
All requests must include the following information:
- Name of the contact person
- Organization requesting the document
- Organization’s website address
- Brief description of event, organization, cause or person
- Telephone number
- Cell number, if available
- Mailing address
- Date to list on the document
- Date the document is due
Proclamations are issued by the County Executive to build awareness on topics ranging from the County’s history to an event or major accomplishment. Requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and are issued at the County Executive’s discretion. The County Executive’s Office reserves the right to edit all draft language. These documents are strictly ceremonial and not legally binding. Below, please find guidelines that reflect the general criteria when considering proclamation requests.
- Proclamations are not automatically reissued each year. Please let us know if your request is for an annual event or has been issued by our office in previous years
- Approval process is not automatic. Please do not make announcements regarding the proclamation until you have been contacted by a member of the County Executive’s staff
- A proclamation request needs to be sponsored by a citizen of Prince George’s County or an organization with close ties to the County
- Multiple requests by the same organization or individual may or may not be honored in the same calendar year
If you would like to request a proclamation, please email your request, along with suggested language and background materials, AT LEAST 20 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE THE PRINT OR EVENT DEADLINE to CountyExecutive@co.pg.md.us.
If requested, the proclamation may be presented in person by a staff representative (these arrangements must be made in advance of the event) or otherwise it is mailed or can picked up from the Office of the County Executive.
The County Executive is happy to recognize retirements and other outstanding achievements by County citizens and residents. Note - County employees are often recognized through an internal process. Below, please find guidelines that reflect the general criteria used when considering certificate requests.
- Scholarship awards
- Significant birthdays
- Volunteer awards
- Major achievements
- Outstanding service or deed by a person or organization; subject to review
If you would like to request a certificate, please send your request, along with suggested language and background materials, AT LEAST 20 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE THE PRINT OR EVENT DEADLINE to CountyExecutive@co.pg.md.us.
Greeting and Recognition Letters
A greeting letter is used for souvenir programs, brochures, and other publications for events taking place in Prince George’s County. If you would like to request a greeting letter for your event or organization, please send your request along with suggested language and background materials, AT LEAST 20 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE THE PRINT OR EVENT DEADLINE to CountyExecutive@co.pg.md.us.