Upper Marlboro, MD – The Prince George’s County New Americans Task Force will convene their first meeting on Saturday, December 21, 2013. The New Americans Task Force is a 9-person volunteer advisory committee formed by Prince George’s County Executive Rushern L. Baker, III to identify and recommend best practices to recruit underrepresented ethnic groups that have immigrated to the County to work in government. The Task Force will work collaboratively with invested stakeholders, including state and local elected officials, community organizations, businesses and other community partners to achieve its mission. Sen. Victor Ramirez (D.) and Patricia Arzuaga, Esq. will serve as co-chairs of the New Americans Task Force.
“I am confident that the collective talents of this team of highly regarded professionals will compile a comprehensive report of recommendations,” said Prince George’s County Executive Rushern L. Baker, III. “I am honored that they have agreed to serve on the New Americans Task Force and I look forward to working with them and being kept apprised of their findings and progress.”
First meeting of the New Americans Task Force
Prince George’s County Executive Rushern L. Baker, III
New Americans Task Force
- Co-Chair Senator Victor Ramirez (D-District 47)
- Co-Chair Patricia Arzuaga, Esq.
- Prince George’s County Council Vice Chair Will Campos (D-District 2)
- Hector Aguiñiga, International Student Counselor, International School Counseling Office, Judy Hoyer Family Learning Center
- Luisa Montero-Diaz, Managing Director, Maryland Multicultural Youth Centers, Latin American Youth Center
- Andy Kim, Secretary and Treasurer, Prince George’s County Korean American Chamber of Commerce
- Lt. Joe Perez, President, Hispanic National Law Enforcement Association
- Virginia Kase, Chief Operating Officer, CASA de Maryland
- Franklin Akinkoye, Chairman, Board of Directors, African Business Owners Forum, Inc.
Saturday, December 21, 2013, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
10201 Martin Luther King, Jr. Hwy
Vista Gardens Marketplace
Bowie, MD 20720
There may be portions of the meeting closed to the public pursuant to provisions of the Maryland Open Meeting Act.