The mission of the County Executive Community Service Award (CECSA) is to provide recognition to Prince George’s County individuals and organizations who have demonstrated outstanding community service through volunteerism.
The following is the criteria/guidelines for nominating candidate(s).
- The nominee must be a Prince George’s County citizen or resident. If a group, corporation, non-profit or religious-based organization or school is the nominee of an award, that organization must be located in Prince George’s County.
- The recipient can be nominated by another individual, employee, corporation, faith-based or non-profit organization, sorority, fraternity, or school. Self-nominations will not be accepted
- One example of service must be submitted, such as a letter of reference, newspaper article, magazine article, or TV excerpt, with the CECSA nomination form.
- The recipient must have had a significant and positive outcome in improving the quality of life for an individual or group.
- A panel of judges will review all nominations received for consideration. The judges will vote without prejudice on who they will recommend to County Executive Rushern L. Baker, III to receive the CECSA.
- The panel’s recommendations will be forwarded to the County Executive for final approval.
- Once the County Executive has made a decision, the CECSA will be prepared by the Office of the County Executive for presentation.
The deadline for submission is April 30th, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
The County Executive Community Service Awards Selection Panel will review and select a winner who demonstrated commitment and dedication to service from each of the categories listed below.
Winners will be notified by May 7th and will be formally celebrated during a ceremony hosted by County Executive Baker at the County Administration Building. The reception date will be announced.
Submit: Please complete the nomination form and attach a supplemental document (if needed).
For more information, contact LaVonn Reedy Thomas at 301-952-3755.