Dear Residents of Piscataway Drive,
In an effort to keep you current on developments and information related to the slope failure, we will be sending you frequent e-mail updates. This information will also be posted on your neighborhood Facebook page and website. In addition, we will post updated information on the Prince George’s County website/
In order to ensure that we are sending these communications to the best e-mail address or phone number, we encourage you to forward us your cell phone, home and work numbers. In addition, please share this e-mail with your neighbors to ensure that we are reaching everyone. If you know of anyone who should be on the list, please have them send their e-mail address to email@example.com.
Over the next few days, staff from the Prince George’s County Office of Emergency Management (OEM) will be on the scene to address your questions, concerns or requests. The Command Post Bus will be located at the corner of Coldwater Court and Coldwater Drive between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday - Friday. If you have any questions or need services after hours, please contact OEM at 240-619-6497 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We realize that this experience has been very difficult for you, your family and your neighbors. We ask for your patience and understanding throughout this process. Please do not hesitate to share any questions or concerns with us. We will be happy to assist you.
Update for Wednesday, May 7, 2014
• Conditions of the slope failure continue to worsen as trees have continued to move and loosen the soil. The County has called in a tree contractor to assist in removing the trees from the slope.
• The geological contractor, KCI, continued to bring in drilling rigs to take soil samples.
• Trash will be picked up on Friday, May 9 at 10 a.m. Residents are asked to place their trash cans at the curb for collection.
• The Reception Center will remain open at Harmony Hall in Fort Washington on Thursday, May 8, 2014 from 12 noon to 7 p.m. The American Red Cross will continue to provide food service through Sunday.
• For any questions or concerns regarding pets, please come to the Command Post Bus from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, or contact OEM via e-mail at email@example.com
Other Important Telephone Numbers
Office of Emergency Management - 240-619-6497
Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission - 301-206-4001 | 301-206-4002 (24-hour emergency number)
PEPCO - 1-855-744-2386 (Customer Advocate Number)
American Red Cross - 877-292-1600