Saturday, September 28, 2013 | 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
First Baptist Church of Glenarden Ministry Center
3600 Brightseat Road
The theme, “Creating Resilient Communities” speaks to the need to ensure that everyone – individuals, families, the faith-based community, and businesses – understand their role in preparedness and the County’s responsibilities when disaster strikes. The conference will feature workshops, roundtables, panel discussions and Q&A sessions focused on providing information and insights on how we, as a community, can ensure our readiness in the event of an emergency.
The Conference will host a Service Provider/Vendor Expo and highlight discussions on:
- The Emergency Management Cycle - Planning, Preparedness, Response & Recovery
- Individual and Family Preparedness
- Pet Preparedness
- Alert Notifications and Social Media Usage
- Volunteerism – Before, During & After Emergencies
- Surviving without Utilities
- The Incident Command System (ICS)
- Business & Faith Based Preparedness
- Shelter Management