All registered voters have the option to vote by absentee ballot.
Military and Overseas Voting Information
How to Obtain An Absentee Ballot
To obtain an Absentee Ballot you must first submit an Absentee Ballot application.
The deadline to request an Absentee Ballot for the 2016 Presidential Election is as follow:
2016 Presidential Primary
- The deadline is Tuesday, April 19, 2016. It must be received by 8:00p.m. if you mail or deliver the application, or by 11:59 p.m. if you fax or email the application.
- The deadline to request an Electronic Absentee Ballot via internet is Friday, April 22, 2016 at 11:59 P.M.
After the deadline, a Late Absentee Ballot Application must be completed in person at the Board of Elections - 1100 Mercantile Lane, Suite 115A, Largo, MD 20774. This begins on Tuesday, April 26, 2016. For more information, please contact our office at 301-341-7300 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily.
How do I fill out my Absentee Ballot
Examine your ballot before voting. If both sides are printed, vote both sides. If there are four columns on a side, vote all four columns.
- To record a vote, completely fill in the oval to the left of your choice.
- WARNING: Use only a No. 2 pencil. Other marking instruments may not produce a mark that will be accurately counted.
- Do not vote for more candidates than the number specified over the names of the candidates for each office. (You may vote for fewer than specified if you wish.)
- Write-in voting is permitted only in general elections. General Election ballots provide a designated space in each contest for casting a write-in vote. To cast a write-in vote, you must (a) record the last name and first name, or at least the last name and the initial of the first name, of the person for whom you wish to vote on the appropriate line, and (b) completely fill in the oval to the left of the name you have written.
- Do not place any mark of identification on the ballot.
Can I have someone pickup my ballot?
Yes. You can designate someone to be your agent. This person will take your completed absentee ballot application to your local election office, pick up your ballot, and deliver it to you. To get your ballot this way, you and your agent must complete the Absentee: Designation of Agent form for English or Spanish.
For absentee voting questions and information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online if you have a Maryland’s driver’s license or MVA-issued ID card