2014 Absentee Ballot Application
All registered voters have the option to vote by absentee ballot.
How to Obtain An Absentee Ballot
To obtain an Absentee Ballot you must first submit an Absentee Ballot application.
The deadlines to request an Absentee Ballot for the 2014 Gubernatorial Elections are as follows:
2014 Gubernatorial Primary
- The deadline is Tuesday, June 17, 2014. It must be received by 8:00p.m. if you mail or deliver the application, or by 11:59 p.m. if you fax or email the application.
- The deadline to request an Electronic Absentee Ballot via internet is June 20, 2014, TBD.
2014 Gubernatorial General
- The deadline is Tuesday October 28, 2014. It must be received by 8:00p.m. if you mail or deliver the application, or by 11:59 p.m. if you fax or email the application.
- The deadline to request an Electronic Absentee Ballot via internet is October 31, 2013, TBD.
After the deadline, a Late Absentee Ballot Application must be completed in person at the Board of Elections - 16201 Trade Zone Avenue, Suite 108, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774. This begins on June 24, 2014 (Primary Election) or November 4, 2014 (General Election). For more information, please contact our office at 301-430-8020 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily.
How do I fill out my Absentee Ballot
Examine your ballot before voting. If both sides are printed, vote both sides. If there are four columns on a side, vote all four columns.
- To record a vote, completely fill in the oval to the left of your choice.
- WARNING: Use only a No. 2 pencil. Other marking instruments may not produce a mark that will be accurately counted.
- Do not vote for more candidates than the number specified over the names of the candidates for each office. (You may vote for fewer than specified if you wish.)
- Write-in voting is permitted only in general elections. General Election ballots provide a designated space in each contest for casting a write-in vote. To cast a write-in vote, you must (a) record the last name and first name, or at least the last name and the initial of the first name, of the person for whom you wish to vote on the appropriate line, and (b) completely fill in the oval to the left of the name you have written.
- Do not place any mark of identification on the ballot.
Absentee Voting: Information and Instructions for the 2014 Gubernatorial Elections