9400 Peppercorn Place, 1st Floor
Largo, MD 20774
FAX: (301) 883-3875
About the Licensing Center
The Licensing Center (LC) issues business licenses and regulates various business activities per the County Code. The Licensing Center staff is also responsible for monitoring and investigating items/concerns related to Code Compliance throughout the active term of a license. This includes ensuring certain Use and Occupancy (U&O) Permits are current, adhere to professional standards and operate in accordance with County Code. Following is a list of the most common businesses and activities regulated and the associated licensing fees:
Licensing Fees and Applications
Application Sec. 5-115
- The fee for a benefit carnival permit shall be Fifteen Dollars ($15.00) per ride with a minimum of One Hundred Seventy-five Dollars ($175.00) for the first seven (7) days and One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) per week, or portions of a week, thereafter.
- No fees shall be required for any benefit performance, other than a carnival or raffle, that is to be a one (1) time operation.
- Any benefit performance, other than a carnival, charitable gaming event, or a raffle, that is to be operated repeatedly shall have a fee of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) per year.
- The fee for a benefit raffle permit shall be Fifteen Dollars ($15.00).
- The fee for a charitable gaming event permit shall be One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150.00) for each charitable gaming event and Fifty Dollars ($50.00) per month for each mechanical device that is operated on the premises of a permittee.