There is an array of rental assistance services offered to County residents through the Prince George's County Housing Authority. Participants for most of these programs must come off of the existing Housing Choice Voucher Wait List.
These programs include:
- Housing Choice Voucher Program enables low-income families to rent an apartment, condominium, townhouse, or single-family unit in Prince George's County.
- The Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership Program (HCVHP) uses a voucher subsidy that once helped families pay rent to a landlord but can now help first-time homeowners to purchase their own home.
- Family Self-Sufficiency & Welfare to Work Program is an innovative voluntary program that assists families receiving rental assistance to achieve economic independence.
- Family Unification Program is a partnership with the Prince George's County Department of Social Services who screens and refers families for housing assistance when the family is in danger of their children being placed in foster care.
- The Moderate Rehabilitation Program – In exchange for low-interest loans, owners of multi-family housing sites agree to allocate a fixed number of units to families who qualify for rental assistance.
- Rental Allowance Program, a state-funded housing program that provides fixed monthly rental assistance payments to eligible lower- income homeless persons and to households with critical emergency housing needs.
- Veterans Assistance Program is a local housing initiative established to provide permanent housing to homeless veterans in Prince George's County.
To learn more about the above programs, visit the Housing Authority's website.