Prince George's County...A Great Place to Live!
The Prince George's County Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) presents the 2015 Housing Fair on Saturday, June 13, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Sports and Learning Complex, 8001 Sheriff Road, Landover, MD 20785 (next to FedEx Field).
If you are interested in becoming a 2015 Sponsor or would like to be an exhibitor, please click on the link below for a Sponsor/Exhibitor application.
2015 Sponsor-Exhibitor Registration Form.pdf
New Additions to the Housing Fair
on Saturday, June 13th
- First-time homebuyers can enter and win a chance to receive $10,000 toward the down payment or closing cost of their new home. Home buyers must complete an entry form and drop it in the barrel before 11:30 a.m. and be present to win if their name is called by Prince George's County Executive Rushern L. Baker, III at 12:00 noon. The County Executive Rushern L. Baker, III will pull the names of 4 winners who will each receive $10,000.
- Homebuyers must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Complete the Purchaser Information Sheet and bring it to the Housing Fair before 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 13th;
- The homebuyer must be income eligible;
- The homebuyer must purchase their home in one of 12 zip codes in Prince George's County; 20706, 20737, 20743, 20744, 20745, 20746, 20747, 20748, 20772, 20774, 20784 and 20785;
- The homebuyer must use one of the participating mortgage lenders to finance their home purchase.
- At 9:30 a.m. the Housing Fair will start with a panel discussion entitled, "The Facts of Home Ownership in Prince George's County: Ask the Experts." The topics will include: Understanding the Value of Your Home and Knowing Your Options If Your House is "Underwater." Three long-time housing experts will be guest panelists: Desiree Callender, President of the Prince George's County Association of Realtors; Shannon Porter, Assistant Supervisor of the Prince George's County Office of Assessments; and Lisa Butler McDougal, a certified HUD Housing Counselor and Executive Director of SEED - Sowing Empowerment for Economic Development. Jeff Dee, Director of Development for Habitat for Humanity-Metro Maryland will be the moderator. Attend this discussion and receive free expert advice on the value of your home and what options are available to you if your house is "underwater" or if you are facing foreclosure.
- Sign up for the 11:00 a.m. tour of the County's first Net Zero Energy Home. A free shuttle bus will take housing fair attendees on a tour of this one-of-a-kind, 100 year-old home designed to provide superior energy savings, water efficiency and a healthy living environment. The home produces as much energy as it consumes, minimizing the utility bill to virtually zero. The house meets Energy Star and LEEDS Platinum Standards. During the tour, visitors will see why this home has been selected as a 2015 Green Build Offsite Educational Tour Site by the Green Build International Conference and Expo.
- Mortgage Lenders
- Housing Counselors
- Rental Property Managers
- Real Estate Attorneys
- Home Developers
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Government Agencies
Call (301) 883-5094 for more information and sponsorship/exhibit booths.
Exhibit Booth Application Deadline Date: May 30, 2015