Eric C. Brown, Director
Prince George's County Department of Housing and Community Development
Our mission is to provide rental assistance, homeownership assistance and community development services and opportunities to County citizens in order to improve the quality of life for County residents. The Prince George's County Department of Housing and Community Development is responsible for the administration, monitoring and evaluation of federal government entitlement programs, such as: HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME); My HOME Homeownership Program; Community Development Block Grant (CDBG); CDBG Single Family Homeowner Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Assistance Program; Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG); and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA).
Our goals and objectives are to:
- Provide affordable housing, public services, public facilities, public infrastructure improvements and employment opportunities for County residents in order to improve the quality of life for citizens of the County and stabilize and preserve County neighborhoods utilizing federal entitlement funding;
- Encourage housing development projects;
- Encourage “green” design standards and amenities;
- Expand affordable housing opportunities and rental assistance services to individuals, families and senior citizens with low and moderate income;
- Expand “special needs” housing opportunities;
- Provide foreclosure prevention services to County residents to reduce the occurrence and lessen the consequences of foreclosure in the County
Our staff works diligently to develop and implement strategies to achieve these goals and objectives. Please visit the many sections of our website to find the information most pertinent to you and your needs. If you need to speak with someone on our staff, please click on Contact Us for a full staff directory.
Eric C. Brown