Council Member Karen R. Toles serves as chair of the Council Committee on Health, Education and Human Services (HEHS) and Vice Chair Derrick L. Davis serves as vice chair.
Among the agencies, institutions and issues of concern to HEHS: The Prince George’s County Board of Education – Transfers and Budget Amendments; Prince George’s Community College; Citizens Complaint Oversight Panel; Dimensions healthcare Corporation (Certificate of Need Reviews); Board of Elections; Family Services-Americans with Disability Act related items); Health Department and all Board of Health issues; Human Relations Commission; Board of License Commissioners; the Prince George’s County Memorial Library System; and Social Services.
The HEHS Committee meets on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at 10:00 a.m.
- Karen R. Toles, Chair
- Derrick L. Davis, Vice-Chair
- Mel Franklin
- Dannielle M. Glaros
- Obie Patterson
Agency/Issues Review Responsibilities
- Community College
- Citizens Complaint Oversight Panel
- Dimensions Healthcare Corporation (Certificate of Need Reviews)
- Board of Education (BOE) – Transfers and Budget Amendments
- Board of Elections
- Family Services – Americans with Disability Act related items
- Health Dept. and all Board of Health Issues
- Human Relations Commission
- Board of License Commissioners
- Social Services
- Others, if necessary