The Legislative Information System for Prince George's County, Maryland, provides convenient and searchable access to Bills and Resolutions considered by the Prince George's County Council and the enacted County Code. Tools are available in the system to provide additional information on legislation and County laws.
The following legislative items are available from any Internet connection:
- County Code
- County Charter
- Legislation from years 1990 to present
Ways to Use
- Access a specific Bill, Resolution or Section of the County Code or Charter, using the Quick Reference Box.
- View Sections of the County Code and Charter from a Table of Contents or Index.
- Search Bills and Resolutions according to various criteria.
- Review a Summary of County Council actions and/or History Report for a Bill or Resolution.
- Produce a report detailing the Progress of Legislation within a specified year or range of years.
Info for new users of LIS
- Click on the hyperlink above, or type http://egov.co.pg.md.us/lis in your Internet browser.
- Go to Help in the upper right corner of the screen, and select the Tutorial for a self-paced training in using LIS.
- Access the easy to follow on-line User's Manual, also found under Help, for an in-depth explanation of LIS navigation and functions.
- For questions, contact the Office of the Clerk of the County Council, at (301) 952-3600.
LIS is designed to work best with these browsers:
- Internet Explorer Version 5.0 or higher
- Netscape Version 6.2 or higher