Department of Social Services
Department of Social Services (DSS) is the state’s human services provider. DSS helps vulnerable Marylanders buy healthy foods, pay energy bills, and obtain medical assistance. DSS also provides stable environments for at-risk children and adults.
- The Food Supplement Program helps low-income households to buy nutritious food.
- The Medical Assistance program provides health benefits for disabled and low-income Marylanders
- The Maryland Energy Assistance program helps low-income Marylanders pay utility and home heating bills.
- The Temporary Cash Assistance program provides cash to families with children and helps adults to find employment.
- The Temporary Disability Assistance Program provides cash assistance to the disabled while their Supplemental Security Income application is being processed.
- The Burial Assistance program helps to offset burial expenses for low-income families.
Child Support Enforcement
Maryland’s Child Support Enforcement Program enables, encourages, and enforces parental responsibility through innovative programs, partnerships, and technology, thereby contributing to child and family well-being.
Prince George’s County Health Department
Prince George's County Health Department is to protect the public's health; assure availability of and access to quality health care services; and promote individual and community responsibility for the prevention of disease, injury and disability.
- Birth Certificates
- Disease Control Services
- HIV/AIDS Testing/Treatment
- TB Control (Tuberculosis)
- STD's (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) Testing/Treatment
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health
- Adults and Seniors
- Women and Children
- Family Planning
- Healthy Start, Healthy Families
- Maternity Care
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Behavioral Health
- Behavioral & Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
Veterans of the United States armed forces may be eligible for a broad range of programs and services provided by the VA. Eligibility for most VA benefits is based upon discharge from active military service under other than dishonorable conditions, and certain benefits require service during wartime.
- Health Care
- Benefits & Services
- Burial and Memorials
Maryland Community Service Locator
The Maryland Community Services Locator can provide you with service information, maps, and driving directions to programs.
Department of Corrections, Re-Entry Resource Guide
Access a list of Prince George’s County Health and Human Services providers.