About 311


Q. What is Prince George’s CountyClick 311?

A. CountyClick 311 is a one-stop call center that residents may call to get answers to questions and receive assistance with resolving non-emergency issues.

Q. Can I go online for information and services?

A. Yes, residents/citizens may submit a service request or research an issue online at www.CountyClick311.com 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Q. How will police, fire or medical emergency calls be handled?

A. If a call comes into the 311 Call Center that is an actual emergency, the call will immediately be transferred to a 911 operator and the 311 Call Center Representative will stay on the line to ensure that the caller is properly connected.

Q. Why 311?

A. This system makes it much easier to reach county departments/services and greatly expands information available online. 311 allow citizens to have a quick, easy-to-remember, single point of access for non-emergency government information and services.

Q. Can I reach 311 if I am outside of the County?

A. Yes, by calling 301-883-4748.

Q. Is the call to 311 free on my cell phone?

A. Check with your carrier, some may be free and others may charge a fee.

Q. What hours does the 311 call center operate?

A. The 311 Call Center is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Online access is available anytime, day or night, 24 hours a day 7 days a week at CountyClick 311.

Q. What happens when I call 311?

A. You will hear a brief announcement welcoming you to the 311 Call Center, and you will be asked to select your preferred language (Spanish or English). A highly requested service (bulk trash) is also an option that is available. You will then be connected to a trained and knowledgeable professional ready to assist you. The bi-lingual 311 Call Center is also equipped with TDD/TTY for the hearing impaired.

Q. When should I contact 311?

A. If you need information about Prince George’s County services/programs, requesting services, have a complaint or compliment for county officials call 311, or go to CountyClick 311

Q. Will I need to give my name when calling or emailing?

A. No, 311 will collect information that you provide while speaking to a Call Center Representative. Only the information needed to provide the services requested will be collected. Citizens may provide comments or request information and services anonymously.

Q. Will 311 services be accessible to callers with limited English proficiency?

A. Yes, we have bi-lingual Call Center Representatives available for callers who speak Spanish. We also subscribe to a language interpretation service with over 100 languages.

Q. What happens after I contact 311?

A. The Call Center Representative will either provide you with the information you requested, or send a service request to the appropriate department on your behalf. You will be given a service request number (a case number) so you can track the progress of your request online or through a follow-up phone call.

Q. Will the 311 Call Center follow-up on a resident’s request?

A. Call Center Representatives can check the status of a service request on your behalf, but the task of ensuring that a service request is resolved is the responsibility of the particular department handling the request.

Q. Can I still call a department directly if I know the number?

A. You may still call a department directly. However, numerous government numbers that you have called in the past may be re-routed to the 311 Call Center.

Q. What happens if I live in the city limits of any municipality within Prince George’s County?

A. You will still be able to call 311; however, you may be directed to call your local municipal government office if your request for service falls under their jurisdiction.

Q. Can I call 311 about Prince George's County Public Schools or Prince George’s Community College information?

A. Call Center Representatives will be able to respond to some inquiries about Prince George's County Public Schools, but calls regarding Prince George’s Community College will be referred directly to that organization.

Q. What happens if I call 311 during off-hours?

A. You will hear a recording giving you the hours of operation and instructions for you to call 911 in the event of an emergency.

Q. What about during emergencies, will 311 be on the job?

A. Yes, the 311 Call Center supports all county emergency response efforts including severe weather, public health and public safety events.

Q. Can I sign up to testify at a public hearing by calling 311?

A. No, you will be directed to the agency hosting the event in which a public hearing is being offered.

Q. Can I call 311 about job openings in Prince George’s County Government?

A. Yes, Call Center Representatives can answer your questions and direct you to the Office of Human Resources Management’s web-page which will provide you with instructions on how to apply for employment within Prince George’s County Government.

Q. Can I schedule an appointment at a County health clinic by calling 311?

A. No, it will still be necessary to speak directly with the health clinic to schedule an appointment. Call Center Representatives can transfer your call to the appropriate health clinic.