1400 McCormick Drive, Suite 200
Largo, Maryland 20774
Leslie Jackson Jenkins, Associate Director/ Interim Manager
To obtain the highest quality supplies, equipment and services at the most reasonable cost to the taxpayer while maximizing contracting opportunities for our local business community. The County is committed to meeting a goal of awarding at least 30% of its procurement dollars to certified Minority Business Enterprises.
Who We Are
The Contract Administration and Procurement Division is the primary agency for the procurement of goods and services for Prince George’s County Government. The Division provides overall management and guidance for the County’s purchasing functions in accordance with the legal authority established by Section 603 of the Charter and Subtitle 10A of the Prince George’s County Code.
What We Do
The Contract Administration and Procurement Division (“Procurement”) is responsible for the overall management and direction for the County’s procurement functions in accordance to the legal authority established by Section 602 of the Charter and Subtitle 10A of the County Code; adhering to the purchasing principles and procedures for commodities, professional and non-professional services, equipment and vertical construction projects of moderate to high complexity utilizing various procurement methods.
In keeping with the County’s policy, Procurements mission is to preserve the public trust and ensure the integrity of the public procurement process through the efficient, effective and economical procurement of goods and services while ensuring that all procurements are conducted in a professional manner that affords equal opportunities to those who would like to conduct business or provide services to or with Prince George’s County. As an advocate for the agencies and the vendors, Procurement assist agencies in resolving vendor issues which may relate to vendor performance, clarification of the requirements of the contract, County responsibilities and invoice issues.
Procurement is Responsible For
- Registers all vendors interested in doing business with Prince George’s County.
- Prepares and maintains bidders’ lists for all formal/informal procurements.
- Provides oversight of delegated procurement activities.
- Initiates and maintains over 200 requirement contracts for agency purchases of goods and services used in the operation of the County Government.
- Provides contractual sources to accommodate various County program requirements.
- Provides procurement training and education to the Vendor Community and County agencies.
- Provides procurement for vertical construction/renovations, consultant contracts, and construction and design contracts.
- Contract administration including pre-award and post award of County wide procurements and contracts.
- Maintenance of the contract database (Contract Tracking System) which consists of 973 contracts and posting current County contract’s on the Office of Central Services Website.
- Processing of all agency Purchase Orders and or Task Orders under the Indefinite Delivery Contract’s.
- Continuous snow removal solicitations.
- Researching and responding to Agency request for Non-Competitive Awards (i.e. Only Practical Source, Sole Source and Exigent Circumstances).
- Oversight of delegated procurement activities and serves as a member of the Contract Review Committee for Department of Public Works and Transportation and Department of Environmental Resources (delegated procurement agencies).
- Prepare two-party agreements for submission to the Administrative Review Committee (“ARC”).
- Procurement participates on several committees that require a significant amount of time such as the Administrative Review Committee (‘ARC”), Contract Review Committee (“CRC”) and the Council of Government (“COG”).
- Complete Construction contracts and package for submission to ARC.
Message to Our Suppliers
The employees and staff at the Office of Central Services do not accept gifts from suppliers. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and are very appreciative of any expressions of kindness and generosity. However, under no circumstance are we allowed to accept gifts from individuals or entities with which the County does business or may do business with in the future.
Thank you for your understanding.
Prince George's County Current Contract List
Prince George's County Procurement Forecast FY14
Frequently Asked Questions