How can I adopt a pet?
Anyone may apply to adopt an animal from our shelter. Identification reflecting your current address must be presented when filling out the application form. If you lease a house or apartment, permission to keep a pet must be verified from the landlord. The adoption staff may perform a house check before approving the application to ensure that the pet being adopted will be in a safe and caring environment. Upon approval, you are required to pay an adoption fee prior to taking ownership of your pet. For more information, please call the Animal Management Division at (301) 780-7200.

I am a County teacher and I would like to plan an animal care instruction lesson. Where do I call for information?
To schedule a presentation, please call the Volunteer Coordinator at (301) 780-7220.

How do I obtain a pet license?
You can obtain a pet license from the Prince George's County Animal Management Division, the College Park Animal Control Facility, the Bowie Animal Control Facility or the Laurel City Hall.

When submitting the application, a copy of the current rabies vaccination certificate, a copy of the spay/neuter certificate (if applicable), and a check or money order payable to Prince George's County in the amount of $5 for altered animals or $25 for unaltered animals must be included. For additional licensing information contact (301) 780-7251 or (301) 780-7252.

Where do I call to report a missing, vicious or injured animal?
To report a missing, vicious or injured animal, please call the Animal Management Division at (301) 780-7200. Be prepared to provide additional information as appropriate, such as type of animal, last known location and condition of the animal.

Where can I have my pet spayed or neutered?
For information on low-cost spay/neuter services, please contact the Spay Spot Spay/Neuter Clinic located within the Animal Services Facility at (301) 254-8151.

County Click 311

Allows Users To:

  • Browse Through Questions And Answers In Various Categories
  • Enter Requests For Service
  • Track Status of Service Requests
Subscribe MYPGC