Non-Emergency Dispatch Number

9-1-1 should only be used to report an emergency situation. If you need to request the dispatch of public safety first responders to a non-emergency situation, dial the non-emergency dispatch telephone number, 301-352-1200.  

Non emergency Dispatch numberWhen used properly, calling the non-emergency dispatch number allows emergency 9-1-1 calls to be processed quickly while allowing the  9-1-1 Center to efficiently process non-emergency, non-urgent situations that require the dispatch of public safety officials.

The same people answering calls to the non-emergency dispatch number are also responsible for answering  9-1-1 calls. As a result, there may be a delay in answering calls on the non-emergency dispatch number. Please be patient if there is a delay, the hold time for non-emergency dispatch calls is usually brief. 

Watch our 9-1-1 public education video to learn more about 9-1-1 call processing. The non-emergency dispatch number should be used to report an incident that requires the response of police, fire/EMS or sheriff personnel to a non-urgent, non-emergency situation. 

911 Public EducationThe non-emergency dispatch number may be used to report a crime that happened in the past and there is no suspect, to report loud music or a loud party, or there are cars blocking the street or your driveway.  

The non-emergency dispatch number should never be used as a means to be transferred to another public safety agency, to leave a message for public safety personnel, or to request services that do not involve the dispatch of public safety personnel. Call 311 or access CountyClick if you don’t know who to call or to obtain information about County services. 

Click here for more information on determining the correct number to call to obtain the service or information that is required.  It will help you determine when to call 9-1-1 or the non-emergency dispatch number or 3-1-1.

Impounds and Vehicle Tow Inquiries

Please do not call the non-emergency dispatch number to obtain information about a vehicle impound or a vehicle that has been towed. Contact your local Police District Station or call 311 to obtain this information. You may also obtain impound information on-line. Click here to access the Prince George's County Tow Inquiry Program.

Police Tip Line

There are times when citizens have information toPhone Tip Line pass on to the Police Department and the dispatch of an officer is not required.  Contact the Police Department Tip Line to pass on this type of information.  The Police Department tip line 1-866-411-8477 (TIPS) or you can submit a crime tip to the Police on-line at Confidential Web Tip Information System