The 9-1-1 Center is a state of the art facility with advanced 9-1-1 dispatch training programs, sophisticated technology to receive and process emergency calls, and an interoperable radio system to communicate with first responders.
We invite you to tour of our facility to see how calls are processed, the type of calls we receive, and the professional way the 9-1-1 call takers and dispatchers handle emergency situations. Public Safety Communications staff is also available to attend one of your community events to answer questions.
To arrange for a tour or to invite a representative to attend a community event, send an email with specific information to 911CustomerService@co.pg.md.us. Do not use this email address to report emergencies or request public safety services. Always call 9-1-1 to report an emergency!
Topics covered in the presentations and tours include:
- An overview of the 9-1-1 and dispatch processes
- What to expect when you call 9-1-1
- An overview of our training and quality assurance programs
- The use of EPD, EFD, and EMD protocols
- Why the 9-1-1 call taker asks so many questions
- The agency’s NAED Triple Accreditation status
- When to call 9-1-1 and when to call the non-emergency dispatch number