Prince George’s County residents can get the best services possible by knowing the correct number to call to obtain the service or information that is required. By calling the correct number to obtain public safety assistance or to obtain Prince George’s County services, the 9-1-1 call takers will remain available to handle true emergencies.
Most of all, having a better understanding of when to call each of these three important phone numbers will help ensure that your specific need is most effectively met.
- Call 3-1-1 to obtain general Prince George’s County Government information.
- Call 301-352-1200 to request the non-emergency dispatch of the Police, Fire, EMS or Sheriff personnel
- Call 9-1-1 to report emergencies only
Important: 9-1-1, the non-emergency dispatch number and 3-1-1 are NOT equipped to accept text messages.
When to call
- Only to Report Emergencies - Available 24/7
- Any life-threatening situation – fights, weapons, personal-injury vehicle collisions
- A sexual assault that is in progress or has just occurred
- An immediate threat causing fear for your personal safety or the safety of others
- A serious crime in progress - robbery, burglary, assault, or domestic assaults
- Any type of fire
- Any serious medical problem that requires an ambulance or other immediate medical response
- Click here to find out more information about calling 9-1-1
- Click here to view the 9-1-1 public education video
Non-Emergency Dispatch Number 301-352-1200
To report incidents that requires the non-emergency dispatch of Police, Fire, EMS or Sheriff Personnel
- Available 24/7
- To report a non-threatening suspicious person, vehicle, or situation
- A loud party or noise complaint
- A parking violation
- Vandalism or property damage
- Traffic accident where there is no personal injury
- To report that you were a victim of a crime that happened in the past and the suspect is no longer on the scene
- Click here for more information on the non-emergency dispatch number
- To receive general County information about Prince George’s County Government programs and services.
- Available - Monday through Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Questions about snow removal
- For recycling and trash pickup information
- For road and pothole repairs
- Questions about vehicles that have been impounded
- Questions about County job openings
- To submit a complaint or compliment regarding County services
- To determine the best way to contact a specific agency or the appropriate agency to address a concern or question
- Click here to learn more about Prince George’s County 3-1-1