Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Director/Chief Information Officer
Office of Information Technology
9201 Basil Court, Suite 250
Largo, MD 20774
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides support for all of the agencies, departments and branches in the County government. OIT is a dynamic organization focused on:
- Exploring and leveraging technology to move the County forward,
- Increasing services to citizens and constituents,
- Providing infrastructure for the County,
- Providing data management and business intelligence to the County Government.
The Office of Information Technology is dedicated to aligning technology efforts to support the business goals of the County. OIT will provide leadership, expertise, and resources in the development and deployment of innovative technologies to improve government efficiency and citizen access to government information and services.
In support of this mission OIT is pursuing the following goals and objectives for fiscal year 2013:
- Goal 1: To enable and enhance access to government information and services.
- Objective: Provide centralized access point to government services by fiscal year end
- Goal 2: To improve performance by the solicitation and measurement of customer satisfaction with product and service delivery.
- Objective: Integrate customer service measurement and improvement mechanisms into 100% of OIT services delivered
- Goal 3: To deliver an innovative technology environment that enables OIT to efficiently deliver services and information to the County Government and the public.
- Objective: Increase the percentage of availability for County IT services
- Goal 4: To provide technology solutions that improve efficiency and enhance access to government information and services for citizens, businesses, visitors and external stakeholders.
- Objective: Increase the operational efficiency of IT services provided to the County Government
- Goal 5: To deploy technologies to County entities that align technology efforts with business goals and provide support for agency and branch missions.
- Objective: Empower an effective workforce by implementing Enterprise solutions
311 – Provide citizen access to all County services through a centralized point of contact. In addition, Prince George’s 311 will capture data to be used as part of the CountyStat initiative.
Customer satisfaction measures / requirements – Develop measures and feedback mechanisms, such as service level agreements (SLAs), to capture satisfaction and information to support improvement in product and service delivery.
CATS for Prince George’s - Expand flexibility, streamline procurement of services, and increase participation of local businesses in the provision of technology services for the County using this new contracting approach.
ITIL Framework – Adopt the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), which is a broadly accepted approach to information technology consisting of processes and procedures to streamline operations and create continuous feedback for ongoing improvement.
Project Portfolio Management – Implement a comprehensive approach to manage project workload which would include managing project intake, priorities, and tracking project progress.
CountyStat – Capture appropriate statistics regarding the performance of various areas in County Government and make this information available to the public. The driving force being to create openness and accountability as well as sharing progress and determining which approaches are yielding desired benefits.
Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) – Capture current processes followed by analysis, and appropriate change where necessary to improve business and governmental performance.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) –Replace dated systems in Finance, Budget, Human Resources, Payroll, and Warehouse Management, and integrate data across these systems to support effective data exchange. This ERP solution is large scale initiative that will also offer consistent functionality across systems and support efficient and reliable processes.
Data Warehouse - Provide support for the capture of the massive amounts of data that come into County government and derive business intelligence and decision support information from the data.