2012 General Election – Tuesday, November 6, 2012
All registered voters have the option to vote by absentee ballot.
How to Obtain An Absentee Ballot
The deadline to request an absentee ballot for the General Election is as follows:
- If the application is mailed, 8:00 p.m. on November 1, 2012; or
- If the application is faxed, 11:59 p.m. on October 31, 2012.
- Voters who are out of their county of residence due to Hurricane Sandy (e.g., National Guard members, utility workers, first responders, voters who sought temporary shelter, etc.) to make a late application for an absentee ballot and for election officials to deliver ballots to them electronically. Download the application here.
After the deadline, a Late Absentee Ballot Application must be completed in person at the Board of Elections - 16201 Trade Zone Avenue, Suite 108, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774. This begins on
November 1, 2012 (General Election). For more information, please contact our office at 301-430-8020 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily.
How do I fill out my Absentee Ballot Application
Examine your ballot before voting. If both sides are printed, vote both sides. If there are four columns on a side, vote all four columns.
- To record a vote, completely fill in the oval to the left of your choice.
- WARNING: Use only a No. 2 pencil. Other marking instruments may not produce a mark that will be accurately counted.
- Do not vote for more candidates than the number specified over the names of the candidates for each office. (You may vote for fewer than specified if you wish.)
- Write-in voting is permitted only in general elections. General Election ballots provide a designated space in each contest for casting a write-in vote. To cast a write-in vote, you must (a) record the last name and first name, or at least the last name and the initial of the first name, of the person for whom you wish to vote on the appropriate line, and (b) completely fill in the oval to the left of the name you have written.
- Do not place any mark of identification on the ballot.
Click here to download application: