Step it Up! Family Fitness Club
The Step it Up! Family Fitness Club is an exercise and wellness campaign coordinated by Prince George’s County the Health Department, the M-NCPPC Department of Parks and Recreation, Prince George's County, and the Prince George’s County Executive, Rushern L. Baker III.
The purpose of The Step it Up! Family Fitness Club is to:
- Create a fun and friendly space for Prince George’s County residents to work towards their fitness goals together as we explore the scenic parks, tracks and trails of our County.
- Combat all forms of chronic diseases that include: type 2 diabetes, hypertension, osteoarthritis, and other diseases. It all begins with one step and we are prepared to take that step with you.
- Reduce the risk for developing chronic diseases and say “YES” to a healthier YOU!
- Commit to getting your body moving on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month, June - November, from 6:00pm - 7:00pm at various County parks, tracks and trails.
- Enjoy quality fitness time with family and friends as you learn first hand why the M-NCPPC Department of Parks and Recreation is "Best in the Nation" with more than 10,000 programs.
- 15.4% of adolescents between the ages of 12-19 in Prince George’s County are classified as obese.
- 17.1% of children, aged 2-4, who participate in federally funded health and nutrition programs are classified as obese.
- 67.6% of adults in Prince George’s County are classified as overweight or obese.
- Only 47.4% of adults living in Prince George’s County engage in regular physical activity (defined as 150 minutes of aerobic physical activity per week).
The Step it Up! Family Fitness Club aims to provide a routine activity where County residents can come together as families, friends, co-workers, and neighbors for a social fitness experience.So remember:
- You are stronger than you think you are!
- Lace up your sneakers and meet us at various County parks, tracks and trails.
Be a part of the healthy revolution and join your County’s leadership in a run or walk to jump start your healthy revolution.
Say “Yes” to a healthier you and check back often for upcoming events with Prince George's County Health Department and M-NCPPC Department of Parks and Recreation.
||Meeting Location & Address|
||Bladensburg Waterfront Park:
Walking Loop Trail
|Bladensburg Waterfront Park
4601 Annapolis Road
Bladensburg, MD 20710
||Walker Mill Regional Park:
Walker Mill Walking Loop Trail
|Walker Mill Regional Park
8840 Walker Mill Road
District Heights, MD 20747
||Oxon Run Park
||Hillcrest Heights Community Center
2300 Oxon Hill Drive
Temple Hills, MD 20748
||Glenn Dale Community Center
11901 Glenn Dale Boulevard
Glenn Dale, MD 20769
||Northeast Branch Trail
5211 Paint Branch Parkway
College Park, MD 20740
||Prince George's Sports & Learning Complex:
|Prince George's Sports & Learning Complex - Outdoor Track
8001 Sheriff Road
Landover, MD 20785